
Arif Asci is a Turkish photographer who was born in Adana, Turkey in 1958. I absolutely love this photograph of this little girl somewhere in Istanbul. It is from Asci’s Istanbul Panorama series. With her braids extended and suspended, when I saw the photo I immediately thought of author Astrid Lindgren’s mischievous and outlandish character Pippi Longstocking.
I think the old man in the photo is the little girl’s grandfather. She has his eyes. This is what I imagined them to be saying before Asci took the picture.
Little Girl: Granddaddy, look at my braids.
Granddad: I see them, honey. I see them everyday. I’m trying to look at this camera right now. OK?
I think the old man in the photo is the little girl’s grandfather. She has his eyes. This is what I imagined them to be saying before Asci took the picture.
Little Girl: Granddaddy, look at my braids.
Granddad: I see them, honey. I see them everyday. I’m trying to look at this camera right now. OK?
This little girl looks far too serious and reserved to be a Pippi, I think.
More of Asci’s photos from Istanbul Panorama can be seen here.
More of Asci’s photos from Istanbul Panorama can be seen here.
No comments:
Post a Comment