Friday, August 8, 2008

I’ve Been Awarded an “E”

It has been a hectic week. Hopefully, I will be able to write one of my ample posts before the week is over, but if I do not, I shall return hopefully early next week with a good offering.

19th century/Basje over at
The Victorian Era has awarded me with an Excellent Blog Award. Her's has been a long time favorite of mine and among my blog links. By all means check it out since it is a real treat for history buffs. I’ve never told her before, but I also love her blog’s template.

Basje’s award really came in the nick of time. Though we’ve been in a social whirlwind this week with my dad’s 50th high school reunion (he graduated from high school in 1958) I am also dealing with a couple of dragons in the family. I have done all I can with these two dragons and their issues, and I am powerless. Years ago there was a book called Toxic People and here is a wonderful article I just found called
Dealing with Toxic People.

I was pretty sad, distressed, and worn out until I saw Basje’s mentioning of my blog. I never expected it. I was tagged last week, and now this week I am awarded an “E!” Wonders never cease, and that’s just fine with me:)

The following are blogs I want to give the “E” award to:

Faith and Art

A Side of Cartoons Please

CrossRoads

Curious Expeditions

Emma Alvarez Site

Hiperia3D News

Light-skinned-ed Girl

Plateau of Iran

TalulaZoeApple

Kitchen Retro

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the award cheered you up a little!

My template is a standard one from Wordpress, actually, with a custom picture in it! :D

Sincerae said...

Hi Basje,

Thanks so much for commenting. Your blog has been an inspiration for me since I love history, and I was an English major:))

I like some of the Wordpress formats and was going to go Wordpress after my other blog was hacked, but Wordpress was banned in Turkey at the time, and some of my Turkish friends would not have been able to access my blog if I had used the service.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm going to check out Basje's blog. I love history, too. A friend has written about Narcissistic Personality Disorder on her blog, planetjan.wordpress.com (She's on my blogroll.) Some of your dragons may be narcissists. I was surprised to learn what a narcissist actually is. I wonder why Turkey would ban wordpress, but not blogger....

Anonymous said...

Sincerae, Thank you so much for the award - it is very kind of you!

Lidian

Sincerae said...

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your kind words, and I will check out your friend's post:)

Here is the reason Wordpress was banned in Turkey:

http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/2007/08/21/turkey-wordpresscom-ban-inspires-firestorm-of-criticism/

Hi Lidian,

I saw after I'd given you the award that you had already earned one, but I think you deserve a second. I think the ads from yesteryear are more imaginative and artistic than what we have now. That you decided to blog about old ads is just great; certainly not run of the mill. Keep up the good, imaginative work:)

Nihal said...

Dear Sincerae,
I'd like to give you a Hug!
THANK YOU so much and TESEKKURLER for the award:)
It's a honor for me, and been my 2nd from the US:) Very kind of you truly.
Today we enjoy a Pink Saturday w/other pinkies all over the world. Hope you too have a Pink Weekend in Pink thoughts.

All of my Best,

~N at CrossRoads

Sincerae said...

Bir sey degil, Nihal.

Your blog is quite a treat:)