Friday, April 4, 2008

All About Queen Cleo

Right down below is my long post about the legendary Queen Cleopatra. As a final entree for the week, I wanted to post here a site for Cleopatra lovers. Cleopatra On the Web and Cleopatra Resources are such sites. They have everything you want to know about Cleopatra: art, biographies, music, etc. Here are two of my long time favorites of Cleopatra depicted in art.

Jerome-Leon Gerome, Cleopatra and Caesar (1866)

Michelangelo, Head of Cleopatra (1533-34)

Jean André Rixens, Cleopatra (1874)

I'm taking a break from posting here until sometime the latter part of next week. After the stress of several months my blood pressure which had been perfect was up yesterday and my blood sugar may be too. I learned this during a visit to the doctor. I haven't been eating on a regular schedule, and recently I had almost lost my taste for food. Too much drama and transition has been going on for the last 8 months or so in my life, and I am not surprised that I am teetering a bit. I know what I have to do and will do it... I have to try and get my old self back. We all do sometimes.

No comments: