There are really great blogs out there that deserve recognition. I am not the only person recognizing them. Still I thought they are so beyond the usual blogger fare that they should be pointed out. All, but two, are recent discoveries.*****A Side of Cartoons Please and Cartoons On the Side. Robbay is the author of these two blogs which display cartoons which are all his own creations. Check out his cartoons "Mission Impossible" and Older and Wiser??.
*****Edwardian Promenade is about life, living, and style during the Edwardian Era. The Edwardian Era is named after King Edward VII the eldest son of Queen Victoria. The blog, however, extend some of its subject matter a little beyond the period to 1920.
*****The blog Bint Battuta in Bahrain (I love the alliteration) was a random discovery that I did not find on Blog Catalog. Ayesha who is the author was born in India but grew up in Britain. She now lives in Bahrain. Bint is Arabic “for daughter of,” and like the great Arab traveler Ibn Battuta (Ibn is “son of” in Arabic) she has traveled a lot. Her blog is a mix of the intellectual, literary, and the personal.
*****Wunderful Wurld is by Horatio Salt whose blog parodies politics, entertainment, and current events.
*****Un1versal Sessions is by Charles Sapp II who is a musician and a poet. Sessions is all about Charles’ own poetry.
*****Iconia has been on my blogroll from the very beginning, but I still wanted to direct attention to it. It is written by Menachem Wecker and is about art with an admixture of religion, current events, and politics.
*****Last but not least is Mustaches of the Nineteenth Century which was once listed on the Blogs of Note Section of Blogger/Google. The title is an exact description of what its posts are about.
Sometimes I run across very good blogs that have been abandoned. Then I see some that the authors would be doing everyone a service if they would just stop putting their readers through their regular assaults. Well, some of their readers may need a outlet to vent their rage, so I guess maybe they should keep on blogging. But I don’t know sometimes because the other day I happened across a black supremacist blog which justified murder. I certainly will not be giving it a place of honor here.
I encourage you to check out all of these wonderfully un-mundane blogs and leave comments on them.
5 comments:
Sincerae
I am happy that you enjoy reading my blog; thank you so much for linking to it and recommending it!
It's a pleasure to discover your blog, too, and I look forward to reading more.
Thank you so much for recognizing Wundurful Wurld.
Dear Bint Battuta/Ayesha,
Believe it or not I figured out that your pen name must have derived from Ibn Battuta before I looked at your profile. You have a very good blog that I can learn a lot from. Like you I have a passion for books, travel, and I wish I could discipline myself to learn some languages. I have the desire, but the drive...:( I know only a little Spanish and Turkish at this point because I don't study. I will be keep watching an eye on your blog and will start commenting:)
Incidentially, my brother has been to Bahrain through the military. He tried the navy for a brief period. Wasn't cut out for it.
Dear Horatio,
I like your humorous take on politics and entertainment. It is very refreshing to not take things so seriously, things that could be depressing or outrageous. I have long enjoyed shows that do parody like Saturday Night Live and Mad TV. Parody is a very good concept for a blog covering what is going on now. Thanks too for adding me to your blogroll:)
Thanks for linking to my blog! I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoy writing it!!
Dear Eve,
I just love your blog. I hope to learn a lot from it. Thanks again for sharing it with me on The Victorian Era blog.
Also I wanted to say that the painting of Lillie Langtry that you use for your ID on Blog Catalog is one of my favorites. Incidentally, two weeks ago I posted it on the desktop of my laptop where it is still.
Thanks for commenting here:)
Post a Comment