Friday, April 4, 2008

Old Romance Blog Restored and Revisited

After weeks of anticipation, persistance on Google Help, phoning Google which has no live customer service, e-mailing Google, and finally sending a long typed letter to Google by regular US mail, my old blog A Very Fine Romance was recovered today! Like I told some of my readers who had contacted me in my long, usually detailed style, someone who had once been a friend and colleague had hacked into my Blogger, Hotmail, Yahoo, and Facebook accounts and deleted them all. This someone is a very disturbed individual, and this person despite the havoc they caused also has my sympathy. I am a very forgiving person. Forgiveness is one of life's wonderful elixirs which we do not partake of often enough to our own detriment and the detriment of others.

I tend to be a very helpful and loving person. I LIKE people. For years when I was in my 20s, I was a participant of what used to be one of America's favorite idealistic pastimes, volunteering. I still have that spirit of giving and expecting nothing in return. I did this for the person who hacked and deleted my blogs. After awhile the insanity and the insults became too much, and I had to tell this person to start walking on out of my life. This person did not know how to let go, and had nothing better to do in life but to learn how to be a hacker along with engaging in other self demeaning activities online. Within all the craziness came the deletion of my intellectual property, property that even my local police was more than willing to have recovered and have the person responsible for the hacking extradicted to my city and prosecuted for a crime I was told is called "computer theft."

After reflecting on whether to take the legal route and consulting family and friends, I decided that having this person prosecuted, possibly deported (the hacker is not a US citizen), and being a catalyst in this person's possible suicide (the hacker admitted to having attempted it before), I decided that I would not have a hand in whatever this person's destiny may be. Justified or not, I did not want the responsibility or the guilt.

I wish my former friend, colleague, and hacker the best. The hope is that this person will wake up, get out of the self degradation and not self-destruct. I am not like my country's media, sitting avidly by and loving it as youngsters like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton sink to lower and lower depths. I like to see people triumph, not fall into utter decay and disgrace. Why I am this way is because of what my maternal grandparents modelled to me as examples of love, decency, kindness, and forgiveness. I am this way because of my moralist and Victorian leaning, and Christian outlook. The way I am is not fashionable or easy, but in the end I somehow come out the winner. I have seen this over and over in my life when people go up against me. However, I try with all my might to love my enemies and to not wish for their downfall. I wish for their rehabilation.

Here is my old blog sans many of its' elements, but my writing and my thoughts in A Very Fine Romance are still here.

I sing, Welcome Back! It was a belly and a mental blow to have my hard work obliterated, but I learned so many lessons after the incident. As tiny and insignificant as my work is in the entire cyber universe, losing it for over a month changed me for the better.

You can't keep a good woman down. I say that humbly and for all females or males who suffer losses of one kind or another everyday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, ad now also you have to let go...)))
kindest
hans

Sincerae said...

Yup, I have to Hans, and I have.

What a release it was to get the e-mail last evening that Google located my blogs. I just felt a sense of personal failure because I could do nothing to get this person to use some common sense besides having my blogs wiped out.

Yes I have to let go because the whole experience affected my physical health in some ways. I had a lot of other things going, and this mess with the blogs just added to my having to much on my plate. For about a week after it happened I thought about getting out of the blogging club for good. I was sick of the nutcases off and on the internet. But you can't escape them. C'est la vie.

You can see I changed my mind and is back:)

Ardent said...

God Bless you Sincerae!
:)

Sincerae said...

Thanks Ardent:)